The red brick building that came to be known as "Oak Ridge" housed the forensic mental health division in Penetanguishene for 81 years. It opened in 1933 with 152 beds and was doubled in size in 1957. The building was demolished during the summer of 2014.
This exhibit traces the history of the construction, expansion, and eventual demolition of the Oak Ridge building. It also presents the physical layout out the building along with a look inside the wards and patient rooms.